Sharon Is a Green Community
In late 2017 Sharon was designated a Green Community. No Sharon Gas Pipeline and our allies at Sustainable Sharon Coalition worked with our select board to establish this status to help Sharon move toward a clean energy future.
As a Green Community, Sharon has
- been pre-approved for $148,740 in energy efficient upgrades this year,
- already met a 20% reduction in energy by the end of the year,
- put together an energy analysis of the municipal and schools system energy use,
- decided to buy only energy efficient vehicles going forward, and
- voted to require new residential construction to be more energy efficient than the base state building codes.
All of the grant money, upgrades, and savings are for town and municipal buildings such as schools and town offices. We are proud to be part of this effort and look forward to increasing Sharon’s energy efficiency.