Moving Toward 100% Local Clean Energy
No Sharon Gas Pipeline is thrilled to be participating in Mass Power Forward’s clean energy campaign. We are working to make Sharon less dependent on outdated and polluting fossil fuels because
- It will save the town—and all of us—money
- It will provide lucrative jobs in one of the fastest growing sectors of the workforce
- It will help us do our part to halt global warming
- It will demonstrate clearly that energy efficiency and renewable resources can replace gas as a fuel source—We don’t need new pipelines!
Using Mass Power Forward’s guidelines, we are taking the first steps towards fueling Sharon with 100% local clean energy. Currently, we are pursuing community choice aggregation (CCA) for Sharon. CCA would allow Sharon to become a single bargaining unit of electric customers. There are a lot of good reasons to become a CCA town, include the ease of transition and the bargaining power it gives us to increase our renewable energy. Read more about it on our Sharon Initiatives page.
Sharon became a Green Community in late 2017, providing us state-funded grants to help us increase our energy efficiency and invest in renewable energy sources.
In addition to supporting the Green Communities initiative and community choice aggregation, we are
- Continuing to promote home energy assessments through Sharon Saves
- Connecting residents to substantial electric vehicle savings through the Mass Energy Drive Green program
- Helping educate residents about all the ways they can save energy
- Supporting legislation that will move us more quickly to a clean energy future