Moving Toward 100% Local Clean Energy
No Sharon Gas Pipeline is thrilled to be participating in Mass Power Forward’s clean energy campaign. We are working to make Sharon less dependent on outdated and polluting fossil fuels because
- It will save the town—and all of us—money
- It will provide lucrative jobs in one of the fastest growing sectors of the workforce
- It will help us do our part to halt global warming
- It will demonstrate clearly that energy efficiency and renewable resources can replace gas as a fuel source—We don’t need new pipelines!
Using Mass Power Forward’s guidelines, we are taking the first steps towards fueling Sharon with 100% local clean energy. To this end, we are supporting work that Sustainable Sharon Coalition and the Sharon Board of Selectmen have begun to acquire Green Community status.
If Sharon becomes a Green Community, we get state-funded grants to help us increase our energy efficiency and invest in renewable energy sources.
In addition to supporting the Green Communities initiative, we are
- Continuing to promote home energy assessments through Sharon Saves
- Connecting residents to substantial electric vehicle savings through the Mass Energy Drive Green program
- Performing an extensive energy audit for the town to see where we can make other improvements
- Helping educate residents about all the ways they can save energy
- Supporting legislation that will move us more quickly to a clean energy future